Monday, March 8, 2010

I am reminded....

how blessed I am to be married to my best friend in the whole world. We had a great weekend just being together, enjoying many laughs as we prepare the house for his parents visit in a little over a week. I haven't laughed like that for a long time. Sometimes I get so caught up in life that I forget to laugh and just enjoy life. Lately I've been "depressed" about how far away my family and friends are. It's really, really hard being 1100 miles away from them, but then I remember that it's all a part of the sacrifice. My small sacrifice for my country. I am by no means putting myself on a pedestal. However, being a military spouse is not for the faint of heart. It's not always easy, but it's a good life. Sure it gets me down, but then I look UP. God is ALWAYS there. He's there when it's rough and He's there when everything is going splendidly! I need to post our testimony of God's steadfastness throughout our military experience, but that's for another day. For now I'll just say that I believe in the power of prayer. Psalm 55:22 (NLT) Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.



No comments:

Swidget 1.0