Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Just some ramblings...

Lately I've been thinking about myself a lot. Not in a vain way! I'm just realizing how imperfect I really am. Not that I ever thought I was perfect to begin with, but anyway. I am not an organized person, but would love to be. I like my work space to be orderly, but at home I somehow manage to ignore stuff that needs to be done. I measure my success by the success of others. That one in particular I just don't get cuz I've always "prided" myself in being an individual and not caring much what other ppl think. I can be a perfectionist in some areas. I don't want to be one of those "my way or the highway" kind of people, but if I don't watch it I could be. I guess that comes from being a person that doesn't deal well with change-particularly sudden change. If I have plenty of time to get used to the idea of change, then I can manage a whole lot better than if something is just sprung (for lack of better term) on me. I always like to have it together or make other people think I have it together! However, I've been surprised at how well I've handled Travis being gone for so long. He's been gone for alomost 6 months now. It hasn't been easy, but I haven't totally lost it either. I think it's gotten much harder here toward the end though. (Just 5 more weeks!!!!!!!!!!) I'm not trying to brag on myself. If it weren't for God helping me I know I wouldn't have handled it nearly as well. I owe my sanity and so much more to Him! I just thank God for always being with me every step of the way and for loving me- imperfections and all!


No comments:

Swidget 1.0