Monday, May 3, 2010

Rationalization For Procrastination

I've been thinking about why I procrastinate. Am I lazy or do I have a good reason? I have decided that it's because I agree with the phrases "Life's too short" and "You only live once." I don't think I'm going to look back one day and say, "I wish I would've spent more time cleaning/washing dishes/doing laundry." With that in mind, my house may never be immaculate, but I'm going to enjoy life. Maybe you don't agree and that's fine, but I want to live happy and "chores" do NOT make me happy!

Pretty much the only way I can "trick" myself into half way "enjoying" mundane tasks is if I make it a project. (For example, if I want to decorate a room-which to me is fun-I clean/organize as I go.) On that note, I think I'm going to start a project soon...cleaning/organizing/decorating the room I have all my scrapbook stuff in. Right now it looks overwhelming, but I know I will be happy with the end result. So, if you want, stay tuned to see if I go through with it or if procrastination wins out! (If I happen to actually go through with it, I'll post before and after pics!)




*For the record, I do clean/do dishes/do laundry when absolutely necessary. I don't want anyone to get the idea that I'm a slob. =)

1 comment:

Mandy said...

You know I think thats a great Idea! I do the same thing, if I'm decorating, I go through the room and clean it as I go. :) I've always done that. Funny that you are talking about cleaning today. I'm actully cleaning, after a long time of not doing it. I'm washing clothes, doing dishes, but it really needs to be done. lol! I've been putting it off way to long.

Swidget 1.0