Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Strawberry Pie


2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled
2 Tb. cornstarch
1 1/2 c. cold water
1 pkg. (.3 oz) sugar-free strawberry jello
3 Tb. sugar
1 graham cracker or shortbread crust
whipped topping

Slice strawberries and set aside.

In saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.

Remove from the heat; stir in jello mix and sugar until dissolved.

Stir in sliced strawberries.

Pour into the crust. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hrs. or until firm.

Serve with whipped topping. Voila! You have a quick, delicious dessert!
(Or in my husband's words, "It was truly legendary.")




2 comments:

Brittney said...

That pie looks delish!

I stumbled across your blog at the Wives of Faith site. Anyway, I saw you're a Jayhawk fan..I'm was raised in Wichita, KS so I am too!

I'm always a fellow AF wife, we're stationed in Del Rio, TX but my husband is getting out in August after 6 years of service. We're moving back to the midwest (St. Louis), and I can't wait! Look forward to reading more on your blog!

Charity said...

Thanks for stopping by! =) I really miss the midwest. Maybe one day we'll move back.

Swidget 1.0